Friday, March 17, 2006

No to Ming's Dynasty

I see that Iain Dale is mischievously touting me as a contender for the job of Press Secretary to Sir Menzies Campbell as advertised in this week's Press Gazette.

I'm sorry to have disappoint him. Even if I had the slightest inclination to return to London from glorious Derbyshire, going back to the Parliamentary Press Gallery as a spin doctor would be a bit poacher-turned-gamekeeperish for my liking.

But even if I was interested, I think this column published a week or so ago would probably rule me out!

I will however be sure to recommend Iain Dale for the post of Number 10 Press Secretary if and when David Cameron becomes Prime Minister.

March 20 update: Forget No 10 Press Sec - I hereby nominate Iain for the forthcoming vacancy at Folkestone which was announced on Friday night. And unlike me becoming Ming's press spokesman, I reckon he'd be in with a serious chance!

8 comments:

Gareth said...

Press Secretary?

I think you can put him down as food taster.

Iain Dale said...

charming!

skipper said...

But weren't you cheerleading one of his opponents Paul?

stalin's gran said...

Very naughty of Iain - but I would suggest the job could probably be done on a Monday morning before breakfast, and from Derbyshire.

Anonymous said...

Well, I reckon you should apply for it.

Tailor your CV to the purpose, write a blinding covering letter, and then sit back and see whether you get an interview.

Then we can read all about it here.

Paul Linford said...

Gran, Dave - the answer is no. And that's a final answer.

Skip - yes, I supported Huhne in the leadership contest, which is one more reason why me and Ming would not exactly be a match made in heaven.

Anonymous said...

That's a shame. Your presumably doomed application would have been a right caper, and I was already looking forward to a blow-by-blow account.

Any other interesting jobs in the Press Gazette?

Anonymous said...

Folkestone to go Lib Dem next election I think.

Especially if Iain Dale stands (if North Norfolk is anything to go by....)