Wednesday, December 24, 2008

My Top 10 Christmas Carols: No 1

1. Candlelight Carol: John Rutter

And so my Top 10 concludes with what is surely Rutter's most sublime Christmas work. "Candlelight, angel light, firelight and starglow" - both the words and the music have a magical quality to them which for me capture the very essence of this most wonderful time of the year.

There's only one person I can dedicate this choice to, and that is the person who first played me this beautiful piece of music ten years ago. Back then we had only been going out for a few months, but we've now been married for more than seven years. To my wife Gillian - Happy Christmas, and thanks.



The full list of my Top 10 Christmas Carols can be seen HERE.

free web site hit counter

2 comments:

James Higham said...

That should take us through the festive season, Paul. Merry Christmas to you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Happy Christmas to all.Enjoy the event.I hope the joy remain eternally.

Cheers!!
Gifts to chennai|Gifts to Bangalore|Gifts to India