Monday, January 08, 2007

Cruddas leads the way

My ongoing, totally unscientific but possibly quite representative poll on Labour's deputy leadership shows Jon Cruddas leading the way over Hilary Benn with the rest moreorless nowhere, which I think by and large presents a fairly accurate picture of what is really going on.

I have gone with my readership and plumped for Cruddas in my latest podcast previewing the race which is now live. For the benefit of those who can't be bothered to listen or subscribe, the full text is available HERE.

free web site hit counter

1 comment:

donpaskini said...

I don't think Alan Johnson can be 'more or less nowhere' given that he apparently has the largest number of MP backers. Jon Cruddas has been doing well with activists like me who spend a lot of time reading about politics on the internet (helped by the fact that none of the others seem to be campaigning), but the structure of the electoral college is that one MP's vote is worth about as much as that of every Labour blogger put together.

That's not to say that Cruddas can't win, but it is an impossible race to predict until nominations are in and campaigning actually starts.