Monday, July 30, 2007

The Top 20

Last year, I made it into the Top 10 of Iain Dale's Guide to Political Blogging in the UK. I don't really expect to do the same again - there's a lot more competition out there now and my work commitments have prevented me growing the blog as much as I would have liked in the past year - but Mr Dale is now working on a follow-up edition and wants your views as to which blogs should be included.

Naturally I hope that as a reader of this blog you'll vote for me, but either way please email your nominations to iain AT iaindale DOT com, typing Top 20 in the subject line and ordering them from 1 to 20. Your top blog gets 20 points and your twentieth gets 1 point.

The deadline for submitting your Top 20 to Iain is 15 August. Once all the entries are in, a lucky dip prize draw will take place in which the winner will win £100 worth of books and cds.

My Top 20, for what it's worth, is listed below. There will, I suspect, be few surprises here, although the last two blogs named are relative newcomers to the 'sphere which have really impressed me of late.

1 Political Betting
2 Iain Dale's Diary
3 Liberal England
4 Bloggerheads
5 Benedict Brogan
6 Chicken Yoghurt
7 Guido Fawkes
8 Dizzy Thinks
9 UK Daily Pundit
10 Skipper
11 Rachel from North London
12 Tom Watson
13 Nick Robinson
14 Mars Hill
15 Little Man in a Toque
16 The Nether World
17 Obsolete
18 Conservative Home
19 Kate's Home Blog
20 Newer Labour

free web site hit counter

5 comments:

Gareth said...

I'm surprised that we only have two in common (Dizzy Thinks and Political Betting).

septicisle said...

Thanks for the mention, but I think we all know this is going to turn out to be a Tory wankfest.

Anonymous said...

OMG thanks Paul! Your recommendation is particularly remarkable given that I don't feel I've been doing much political blogging recently - will have to pull my socks up now!

Paul Linford said...

It was that Homage to Wainwright post that did it Kate - you're clearly a woman after my own heart!

Seriously, I like blogs that mix up the personal and the political - it's the main reason I like Iain Dale even though his politics are a long way away from mine!

Anonymous said...

Ah, that Wainwright site is great isn't it. I came across it while booking our autumn walking break in the Newlands Valley. Can't wait!