A few days ago I was tagged by Thunderdragon to do the "eight new year wishes" meme that originally started with Iain Dale, so here are mine:
1. That my wife Gill and I will be able to start putting our stamp on our new home.
2. That I will manage to spend more time enjoying the lovely countryside where I live.
3. That Gordon Brown will give us all some idea of what his government is supposed to be about.
4. That Channel 4 will decomission Big Brother.
5. That Hillary Clinton will lose the US presidential election.
6. That Mark Ramprakash will be recalled to the England cricket team.
7. That the nationwide Christian social action initiative, Hope 08, will bring in a rich harvest.
8. That the evil tyrant Robert Mugabe will finally be overthrown in Zimbabwe.
Most of the blogosphere seems to already have been tagged by this by now, but if they have not been "done" already, I am tagging Mars Hill,, UK Daily Pundit, Leon Green, Hopi Sen, and Kate.