Friday, December 19, 2008

An idea worth recycling

As a contributing editor of Total Politics magazine, I warmly welcome its new blog, but I couldn't help but be amused to see that it's been named after one of my old Newcastle Journal columns, Party Lines.

The column was a light-hearted, midweek counterpoint to my more serious "Saturday column" which still continues today.

It was actually the second column of that name to appear under my byline, the first having appeared in Derbyshire Now! magazine from 1992-94.

Sadly it was before the days of teh interwebs so no link but I still have the dog-eared cuttings in my attic somewhere...

free web site hit counter

1 comment:

David Gladwin said...

I think you should spend some of the forthcoming long winter nights preserving some of your attic archive for posterity, Paul.

Not only are you capable of producing any old letter, piece of writing or ambient house compilation cassette that I care to mention, you also manage to do so from the vague details that are often all I can remember about the item in question.

I bet there's some choice material in there from the pre-internet era. Some of it might make interesting blog-fodder.