Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Is Quentin Letts taking the piss?

I had a fair amount of time for Quentin Letts in my Lobby days - unlike Michael White I did not regard him as a shifty little cunt - but it has to be remembered that he is (a) a Tory, and (b) someone whose writing is often deliberately tongue-in-cheek.

So when I saw his piece in The First Post about the possibility of Jack Straw becoming Prime Minister, I was immediately somewhat suspicious.

Was the ever-mischievous Mr Letts flying a kite in the hope that someone, somewhere might come up with some interesting reasons why Jack might not be as suitable a candidate as he might appear?

Henry G and Alex commenting on the story today on Political Betting, seem to think so...

free web site hit counter


Rob's uncle said...

What White wrote was 'total cunt', which would in some circles no doubt be taken as a term of endearment.

james higham said...

Jack did do very well on the burquas issue and he is a doctor, after all. Still, my money is on the Chipmunk - she'd be wonderful for the party.

stalin's gran said...

Can I have some of what James Higham is on? I agree, Michael White is a shifty cunt. And a patrician wanker to boot.

The Fat Controller said...

A doctor? I thought he was a barrister and special adviser before he became an MP.

G Eagle Esq said...

Sehr geEhrter Paul

Language !!

Ladies & Children, Avians & Anonymous Animals read this blog !!!

Your obedient servant etc

G Eagle